The National Policy Board for Educational Administration (NPBEA) is a national consortium of major stakeholders in educational leadership and policy. The purpose of the Board is to provide a forum for collaborative actions by organizations interested in the advancement of school and school-system leadership. They serve as organizations dedicated to work together to represent the educational administration profession and improve the preparation and practice of educational leaders at all levels. The NPBEA is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation.
The purpose of the NPBEA Board is to advance the educational administration field by collective action to:
- Advance national educational administration policy standards and program standards for use by practitioners, states, professional associations, and preparation programs;
- Promote national reviews of educational administration programs at colleges and universities through CAEP accreditation using NPBEA approved program standards;
- Promote high quality educational administrator-preparation programs;
- Encourage the development, implementation, and dissemination of high-quality educational administration professional development programs;
- Foster meaningful dialogue and action on critical issues in education administration;
- Encourage professional growth of educational administrators through advanced levels of certification.
The NPBEA consists of the following member organizations: the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE), the School Superintendents Association (AASA), the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA), and the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA).
NPBEA Executive Office:
1615 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 518-6256
NPBEA Administrator: Ms. Honor Fede
Email: hfede (at) naesp (dot) org